Friday 12 January 2018

How I Layered Up this Art Journal Page - A quick Step by Step.

 Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a quick Friday mixed media update.

 I love, when I'm creating, to add different layers to art journal pages.
It creates interest within the details and adds depth to every piece.
Today I'm sharing with you a fun step by step Art Journal page
 that I completed yesterday, during a much needed down day. 

Here is the piece.
Titled - I can't help it.

Here is what I did to create this page.

Using a small Dylusions Journal,
two hand carved stamps images applied using StazOn black ink  
and a soft red Prismacolour pencil, I created a simple starting point.

"it's more about doing, rather than the end result, just play and float into your mojo"


Next a layer of paint.
Dina Wakley Media Sky and Lime .
A few scraps of off cut Atlas papers and Jane Davenport paint swatch paper


 A little liquitex white gesso and a few lined details, with a black Fudeball pen,
to bring focus to the stamped leaf image and create focal points within the page.


I wanted to introduce a few colourful marks,
so I added a few dashes randomly with an orange Tim Hotlz Distress marker


Now adding some Dina Wakley black paint to bring contrast and drama to the piece.
With a DWM stencil rubbed back, to take off the black paint from the page to reveal the pattern.


 A this point I added colour to the leaves with a little Dylusions bubble gum pink acrylic paint,
a few leaves cut from an old piece of Basic Grey pattern paper, and
 little detailing on the leaves with a white Posca pen.


To finish off, some some journaling with my trusty Fudeball,
 a complete edging of black ink to the page and a flick of white paint
 applied using a flooded white Posca.


 Thanks for dropping by the blog, I'll be back next week with a fun update.
After a few days of recharge, visiting Galleries and 
cafes in Sydney with my partner in Epic Adventures Peg.

Have a fun creative week artisans.
Lisa xx 


2 comments: