Tuesday 6 June 2017

My favourite look - Mixed media page by Tania

Hi all, I'm back with you again this week with a little mixed media scrapbook page. I've been in a painty, mixed media mood this week and have had a few arty projects to catch up on. For this post, I'm playing along with our sketch this month, which I love:


I decided to play a little more with my Vicki Boutin mixed media products from the Scrappingclearly store! I have the Art Crayons and Acrylic paints. I found a great new video by Vicki herself, (in two parts), showing many ways of using the Art Crayons, this helped me with some inspiration for my background! Here are the videos here:





So I decided to go with the acrylic block method, and scribbled some colour on there and spritzed with water. I used 3 colours. I added a bit more water and spread with a brush once it was on my background page. I love the subtle look of the colour.

Then I swiped some paint on to the centre of my page using an old credit card. The colour was a bit too stark, so I went over the top with some of the white acrylic paint. 

I then added some texture paste through a TCW stencil and some squirts directly from the black paint bottle!!!



I added another touch of colour using the spray wand from some Dylusions, Melted Chocolate! Take note: if you are using paint in the way I have done here with the squirt method, it takes quite a long time to dry. So use the heat gun or leave overnight. Of course, i am not patient, so have a few finger marks in mine, but hey it's mixed media after all!

I added another layer, with some stamping and I have this cute little paw print stencil in my stash I just had to use for this page.

My papers and embellishments are from my very first DT kit from Scrappingclearly. Teresa Collins Life Emporium. The papers and matching embellishments went perfect with my background and photo. Embellishments used were:
There's also a Studio Calico wood veneer, which I painted black & some Ranger enamel accents, which you can see on the images below!



And here is the end result!! 


Hope I've inspired you to break out your mixed media supplies and have some fun. I love the Art Crayons, and have so many more possible variations to try with them!!!
See you next time!
Tania

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a cute story and pic. You rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peg. I am loving your sketches!

      Delete