Monday 8 January 2018

Scrapping Christmas with Non Christmas supplies - with Katie

Good Morning!
And welcome to my first post for Scrappingclearly!
I am so excited to be here and I am looking forward to
sharing my scrappy adventures with you.
So let's get started.
First I wanted to share my awesome DT package that arrived at my door.
All pretty in pink...


And inside this pretty pink box, was the Joy Parade collection by Fancy Pants


Isn't it just divine?! Full of lots of colour and lots of possibilities.

Now to create with this amazing collection.
Since we have just celebrated Christmas I decided to use this collection to create a Christmas themed page,
just to show how easy it can be to use papers not themed for Christmas to make a great Christmas page.
My photos are of my nephew and nieces from 2016 opening secret Santa gifts,
and I decided to use the fun papers in strips to create a tree
to bring in the Christmas theme,
and some mixed media in similar colours on the background for interest.
So here is the page:


The easiest way to get your hands on all the papers is to grab the Fancy Pants Joy Parade collection kit.
Given they are double-sided it means you have one of each pattern,
and trust me both sides are fabulous.
On the background, I first used some clear gesso to prime the cardstock base.
Then I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Citron, Teal, and pink, and the plastic bag technique,
to create my background (along with some splatters for good measure).


With the background done, the rest of the page came together quickly
using the Fancy Pants Joy Parade ephemera and labels and tags for embellishing and layering.
My photos were mounted on some of the patterned paper - Add a Little Sparkle and Life is a Party,
with a little black ink on the edges to make them stand out.


To make my tree look interesting, I used fringing scissors to give it some dimension
and then used lots of Fancy Pants Joy Parade Puffy Sticker dots like decorations on the tree.
I also outlined the tree using a black pen to help it stand out from the background.


The Fancy Pants Joy Parade Flair are awesome too,
this one is a great addition in the centre of my photo cluster.
Added to that are some more labels and tags, these are so great
for layering and embellishment cluster building.

Thank you for joining me on my first blog post,
and maybe this will inspire you to try a non-traditional approach
to scrapping your Christmas photos.
I look forward to seeing you soon.


4 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Katie! Love the brights for non-traditional Christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page - I'm such a fan of non-traditional Christmas pages!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katie awesome Xmas page love your take on this range 💛

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW Katie I adore this just gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete