Friday 8 December 2017

The Universe within my Art Journal

Morning Bloggers, Lisa here with my weekly SC mixed media update.
You may ask,"what's happening in my creative universe?"


Ruby is here and that makes me happy and all fired up to create for fun and for myself, nothing really that different, except I have a gorgeous face and creative heart to interact with across the table.
I met Ruby online when she was a fresh-faced, super inspiring creative 14-year-old, through a scrapbooking forum. Ten years on and we still have creative weekends shared together.

Today's piece has a little bit of random fun involved.
For a warm-up I started with my small Dylusions art journal.


I created a background coat of colour using random smears of Dina Wakley Media Paint in Sky, Turquoise and Magenta acrylic paint.
Out comes Ruby's iPhone at this time, and on 
with a small time lapse to show you how I build up my layers...  check it here. 
I have incorporated tissue paper pages made using a gelli plate 
and lots of other random arty elements to keep the flow and energy of the piece.



 Then it's all about doodling and adding more marks and random layers.....
It's not rocket science, it's not fine art, it's arty, messy, enjoyable fun.
To me, it's kinda like a galaxy, a colourful universe.


 I finished off with a white sharpie and my quote
 "When you're inside the adventures and colours within my universe,
it's a fun place to be"


Thanks for dropping by the SC Blog HQ.
I'll be back next week with another fun mixed media update.
Lisa xx

2 comments: