Saturday 16 December 2017

Christmas Mini Album - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I have a Christmas mini album to share with you,
made using lots of fun products available in the Scrapping Clearly Store.
I used to love doing a Christmas daily (which always starts in November for me.
The first few years I did it in a SMASH journal, then I went to a 12x12 pocket page style for a few years,
then last year I was so busy with everything that I did nothing.
It was quite sad really but sometimes you just don't have time.
Well, this year I was determined to do something but also wanted to keep it simple.
So I made my own mini album and took 1 photo a day with my Instax camera and went from there.
Yes, it is expensive to use an Instax (about $1 Australian per print) but it is quick and the photos were ready to go. 




I started by selecting my supplies, which I limited to the
I cut out a variety of shapes and sizes of patterned paper (the maximum size of the closed album was 15cm wide by 20cm tall).
The size and shape doesn't really matter - it is all about variety.
This is a great way to use up your paper stash!! 


I folded each piece of paper in half, then placed in the order I wanted
and used a long arm stapler to attach them together.


Next, I decorated the front with gold Thickers. I kept it simple for now as I didn't want the bulk.
But I may add more flowers etc once the album is complete. 


Once the basic album was complete I added the photos.
My aim was to try and do this each day but in reality, it is every 3-4 days. 


For each page, I added the photo, some tags made with paper offcuts, and other
CVS 'Tis The Season' wood veneer, stickers, ephemera and enamel dots


I love the different page shapes and sizes for each opening! 
You can also see my date stamp, added with black ink, so quick and easy!


Here I have added CVS 'Tis The Season' ephemera and bitty bow


For this next page, I have added a tag made with paper offcuts, a paperclip, CVS 'Tis The Season' wood veneer ephemera and flair buttons.


So do you December Daily?
And are you playing along with our challenges?
The Christmas Challenge is a special one,
with a WeRMK sewing machine for a prize!!
Check out all our challenges in our friendly Facebook Group.


Thanks so much for stopping by 

Crafty Hugs xx


1 comment:

  1. Awesome little Xmas book Karyn will be even more fab once filled with photos xxx

    ReplyDelete