Monday 13 November 2017

An Abstract World

Hello to the Scrapping Clearly family.

I am back to day to share another piece of abstract art with you using the wonderful products available in the Scrappingclearly store.

Today's creation uses product from Jane Davenport's range  - her collage papers, and acrylic paints from Winsor & Newton


Abstract art work is all about randomness and using different and odd pieces to create an image that is pleasant to the eye, it is a very individual process and every piece is truly unique.

To create this I have used good quality french mixed media paper.
I have found when creating a larger piece, I have become what one would call a paper snob, this is because the better the paper, the better the products work.

I started by taking the Jane Davenport collage paper and tearing it into random size pieces and the adhering them over my page (this piece is A3 in size). The glue I have chosen to to use is the Dina Wakely Gel Medium. I have also secured my page to a board and water bathed it to prevent buckling you can secure it well with low-tack washi tape, I have used masking tape.


Once the gel medium was dry I layered random spots of paint over the page and, while the paint was wet, I added some clean sand into the paint. The paints used here are Winsor and Newtons Cadmium Yellow Medium Series 3Cobalt Turquoise Series 3 and Permanent Rose Series 3


Once the paint was dry I just shook off any excess sand, I didn't remove it all as it adds texture to the page. I then added random spots of shellac over the page, making sure to add it over some of the sand areas but not all.
There you have an easy but effective piece of abstract art.
This technique can also be used in your art journals.


We also accept art journal pieces for our monthly challenges.
Click on the image to go to the upload albums on Facebook.

        

    
 Happy creating until next time Kim.



No comments:

Post a Comment