Friday 6 October 2017

Art Journal Roll Up

Howdy Bloggers , Lisa Here with a Friday SC mixed media blog update .
Today I'm sharing with you a quick easy piece I created in my Dina Wakley Media Journal, 
using an old scrap booking technique of rolling paper.
Hot on the heals of me actually scrap booking a page this week..-shock horror. 
I was playing with paper and having fun in my journal and this is the result.
 I started on one of the Hessian pages,some gesso residue showing through from the previous page gave me some extra tooth to hold onto some Dina Wakley Media paint in Magenta and Tangerine/' then I put it aside to allow for drying time .
 I selected a range of different papers , including music sheet paper, printed tissue paper,gel plate pieces, magazine pages and scrapbooking paper and rolled them into different sized coils , and secured them on to the hessian with a little good quality glue .
 When the coils were dry and secure ,I added a little DWM script washi tape,
 in a few strips down through the piece, then layer a little gesso over it.
A torn piece of Kinder Kreations black paper cut , 
a few simple flowers and details ,
 a small title and this piece is done .
The colour is a little off on this one, but you get the idea.
 Thanks for dropping by the SC blog today , I will be back next week with a new MM update .
I hope you have a crafty weekend . I'm heading back into my Journal



Lisa xx

4 comments:

  1. I always look forward to Lisa Mix media Friday another stunner thank you for sharing Lisa An given us some inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate, I always love sharing a little from my creative week and do so appreciate your comments.
      x

      Delete
  2. Love it Lisa... inspired me to try the hessian page too. X

    ReplyDelete