Monday 17 July 2017

Dream with Melinda Sweetman

Hi there my scrappy friends and welcome to the ScrappingClearly blog this lovely Monday! Melinda here with you today sharing a page I created using (once again!) the very awesome Starshine collection by Shimelle! I just can't help myself, I love it!!

Here is my page


I was VERY inspired by a page shared on You Tube by Lillith Eeckels and had a bunch of stars I had created that I wanted to use up and went with this design! Isn't it fun!

I started by stitching that black circle onto my background after drawing (about in the middle) a circle using an empty paint pallet of the page as a template. I went around about 6-7 times and I LOVE the texture it gives!!

I created my stars by first cutting a half or 3/4 of a full 12x12 piece of white card on my cameo. Next a quick coat of gesso, some stamping with black permanent ink and then COLOUR! I have used some Colour Shimmer Dusts by Colour Blast - these little pots are AMAZING to play with. I have used Candy and I think Cobalt but it may have been Peacock.....


When I stuck them down I just used a little dot of wet adhesive in the middle of each star and love the dimension I have achieved!

I used a couple of layers of papers (namely the Gemini and Hubble) behind my photo and then I have used the Chipboard, Flair, Thickers, Paper Clips and Rub-On pens to embellish. Oh and the background paper is Juno!


I have used one of the clear stickers for the title (I stuck that to some white smooth cardstock and fussy cut) and also a few acetate pieces from the ephemera pack!


Lastly the journalling, the date and some splatters, again using the Colour Shimmer Dusts and a paint brush! Oh, and a hint of the Midnight Colour Shimmer Dust to balance out the black of the stitching, the stamping and also my journalling!

If you would like to see my whole process the YouTube process video is linked below! Make sure to subscribe to the channel so you can keep up with all of the new shares over there!


Until next time, happy scrapping!!


Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Great page design, gonna have to google that scrapper. Love this!

    ReplyDelete