Thursday 15 June 2017

How Much Ink/Mist Do You Waste?

Good Morning Arty Peeps.

Hope all is well in your part of the world. It's winter here, chilly, expecting snow this year, therefore perfect for this month's Mood Board.
The inspiration is all about rugging up and keeping warm, see the bottom of this post for the graphic.

Here's my page with lots of subtle colour.

I got this look on my background (heavy weight) cardstock by using it to clean up my messy mat, I really hate to waste any excess of mists or other mediums. There wasn't an awful lot of residue on it this time so when I misted with water and dragged my card through it I got this beautiful subtle mix of colours. Just perfect for my Mood Board layout. The border around my page was done by applying black ink through a stencil using a foam applicator.

I dug out the sunset pic because it matched so well.


My title is made up of a cute paper clip and a Cocoa Vanilla wood veneer swiped with a brown inkpad. Some Cocoa Vanilla vellum elements were perfect too, the doily under my title, a few flowers, and butterflies.


 I added buttons and chippy elements to ground my crochet, and typed right onto a label sticker from WeRMK, mounted on black card I reckon it looks so cool. Must say, I love my typewriter!

So here is the mood board for June, upload your project in the Facebook folder here. We love seeing your creations!

Thanks for coming by today.
Til next time


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page and thanks for sharing your techniques. I never thought of swiping wood veneer with the ink Pad!
    I tend to waste a lot mist and spray when I'm using it and tend to clean up with paper towels! I'll try to remember to have some 12x12 handy for future projects!
    Thanks Peg😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute pleasure Rosemary, I love it when we can share info and ideas.

      Delete
  2. Love this layout Peg, so subtle..what a great way to use up excess ink.

    ReplyDelete