Friday 30 June 2017

Christmas in July?! In June??

Hello there scrappy friends!! I hope today finds you well and not too confused by my blog post title! It's Melinda here with you and I am sharing a CHRISTMAS page I created! Yep, Christmas. 

Kylie very generously sent me the Pink Fresh Oh Joy collection for scrapping my December memories (which I am S-L-O-W-L-Y) getting through but oh boy, I just love every single thing about this collection!! It is gorgeous, Pink Fresh always do an amazing job designing!

Enough chatter and onto my page! I needed a little help picking my photo today as I have photos of each of my boys with Santa, both of them with Santa and myself with Santa and he picked Mummy and Santa!! This is a little tradition I have done almost every year as an adult and honestly, I love it!! I believe it helps to keep some of the magic alive in me which in turn keeps the magic alive for my boys.

Here is my page and I love how it came together!!


I was, however, going in with every intention of NOT doing mixed media, as you can clearly see, that was an epic fail!! Haha! But I have used some Colour Sprays from Colour Blast (Sapphire to be exact) and the very simple packaging technique!


When my spray was dried I added some stencilling using a Tim Holtz mini layering stencil (the exact one I used is not in store but Kylie has a few others in stock) and the beautiful Bling Colour Paste.


I have ONLY used scraps from the 6x6 paper pad to layer behind my photo and that black and white 12x12 paper in the background (Under The Tree) has a big heart cut out of the middle of it that I used on a previous project! I simply cut down my other paper (Tis the Season) to a size I could see would cover the heart and added some white gesso!


Next up I added in some stickers and that beautiful gold mirror gift sticker. I added a few splatters of the same colour I smooshed and also some splatters of gold water colour and Roadbase Colour Spray. 


I love how this page came together and if you are interested you can watch my whole process simply by pressing the play button below or heading over to YouTube to either the ScrappingClearly YT channel or my own YT channel!


As always, thanks for stopping by! If you are like me and still scrapping last years (not to mention all the previous years!!) Christmas photos make sure you head to the shop for this gorgeous collection, it will not disappoint!!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!


Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment