Monday 24 April 2017

Oxide Love!

 Hi there Arty Peeps!
Hope your Easter break was great!

I'm here today to share my slightly rearranged take on the April sketch challenge. It's a fun one, you can play along here, or check it out at the bottom of this post.

I have been having such a brilliant time with my new Tim Holtz Distress oxides, I simply cannot leave them alone! I have used them to create all of my page backgrounds lately. So, so pretty!

I typed my journalling on vellum (so as not to completely cover the background) and coloured some chippy arrows black to guide your eye around the page. I added some strips of Hambly for pops of lime, and circles in paper and brads, for embellishments. These brads have a sticky back so no need to poke holes, cool!

For my title I coloured the wood veneer '2017' and '&' as well as the foil Thickers 'friends' with an alcohol marker. I made up 'Ruby' from leftover words in this pack of foam Thickers. A Prima flower, some leaves, and a cute sticky brad make up my little embellishment cluster.

So here is the finished page.


Kinda like the sketch.
No automatic alt text available.

Hope you are playing along with us this month. If a mood board is more your thing we have one of those here.

Til next time,
stay scrappy.


1 comment:

  1. I just love this layout Peg . that background is absolutely beautiful, I am so gonna have to play with those oxides. plus the Hambly... well hello
    and yep , i cant believe you got that gorgeous photo of Ruby and her friends . its a cracker.

    ReplyDelete