Tuesday 25 April 2017

Love Deeply - Art Journal Page with Tania

Hello!!! Today I was feeling in an Art Journal mood for my Design Team share here with you! I have these cool, Vicki Boutin Mixed media products, that I'm still playing with, plus, I wanted to try out the Glass Pebble Rock from Michelle Grant Designs!! So this page has a little bit of everything on it! That's what Mixed Media is all about, playing, experimenting & having fun!!!




For my base layer, I painted the whole spread in the Toasted Marshmallow acrylic paint, then I used the Heidi Swapp Art Screen with some Sweet Buttercream paint.


 I wanted to add a bit of red/pink so that the flowers would have an anchor on my page. I used Dylusions paint, and mixed a few different colours with some white. Once I painted that onto my page, I sprayed it with a little water and let it run across the page slightly! Then, I had some fun with the Glass Pebbles. The best way to adhere these to your page is use some Soft Gloss Gel, or something similar. (I used the Prima, Art Basics.) I mixed up a little pot of the Gel and the pebbles, using a palette knife, and spread them on my page. While the Gel was wet, I added a few more pebbles. This takes awhile to dry! To fill in the time, I fussy cut my flowers from the Floral Paper, from the Something Wonderful Collection, by Teresa Collins.


 I made up my embellishment clusters, of flowers and when the Gesso was dry, I added a layer of White Gesso over the top of the Pebbles.
For my next colour layer, I used the Art Crayons by Vicki Boutin, in a kind of olive green, which came out more yellow! (I coloured with the crayon, and then painted some water over it with a brush.)



I then did a layer of stamping with some Kaiser stamps, and flicked some of the Acrylic paints, (mixed with water), over the page.
To finish off the page, I got messy with the Vicki Boutin Glitter, for the flower centres and added the word stickers from the Teresa Collins, Something Wonderful Range. With a lot of my Art Journal pages, I tend to finish off with a border of some description, otherwise it doesn't feel quite finished. My black journal Pen came in handy for that! I hope you like my process. It's a messy page, but I had fun making it!! I have linked to the products available in the Scrappingclearly store for your convenience! Happy Art Making! 



3 comments: