Saturday 1 April 2017

Home Sweet Home with Melinda

Hey there ScrappingClearly fans, Melinda here with you today sharing a page I made using this month's mood board as inspiration.

In case you haven't yet seen it, here it is


And here is my take on it


I have used the Kaiser Craft Oh La La collection for this and was really inspired by a chat I had had with my Mother In Law about quilting and came up with the idea of the triangles into the chevron design! 

I modernised the whole patchwork effect with a little mixed media - namely I grabbed the Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls Kylie sent me in my last kit, added that to a little packaging and then spritzed with water - viola! Watercolour in a beautiful orange-y/gold tone to go perfectly with the mood board! I also added in a few very subtle sprinkles of colour with the Art Anthology Colour Spray in Avocado.


Today being the 1st of the month gives you plenty of time to get your own entries in for both this challenge and the sketch challenge for April - though who can seriously believe it is April already?!

Head over here to the FB group for the challenge albums and to see what everyone else is busy working on!

I do have a process video for this page - if it doesn't load straight away, please come back and try again - I kinda got my dates mixed up for this project - oopsies!!



Anyways, I'll leave you with a couple of close ups and a product list, if you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask!





Supply List:

Kaiser Craft Ooh La La Collection Pack - there are none left in stock BUT there is the 6 1/2 x 6 1/2" paper pad which would work perfectly as well
Kaiser Craft Ooh La La Bits and Pieces Pack
Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls
Art Anthology Colourations Colour Spray - Avocado

Thanks, as always for stopping by and happy scrapping! I hope April is a super productive scrappy month for you all!


Melinda


No comments:

Post a Comment