Saturday 15 April 2017

Happy Easter Cards by Tania

Hello everyone!! Wishing you all a big Happy Easter!!! Hope you are finding lots of time to scrap and have fun over this weekend. I let hubby go camping on his own, so I could catch up on quite a few craft projects, and just rest!!! So here is one of a few projects I've accomplished since yesterday!




I played along with our mood board this month, which was very Autumny!!! I love the colours, and I had some left over Fancy Pants- Golden Days papers, which were the perfect colours.


In addition to the papers, I used a few Mixed Media Products, which are fairly new to the Scrappingclearly Store! (Acrylic Paints & Art Crayons by Vicki Boutin). The Art Crayons were used with a water brush to colour my bird stamps..(also from the store here.) The white Art Crayon is awesome for adding highlights after you have coloured, they are so smooth, much like pastels!



Kylie also sent me some Nuvo, Gilding Flakes, in Sun-kissed Copper, which I was rather excited about. I just added some glue with a glue stick, and added the flakes with a small paint brush, wow, these flakes are awesome and add a lovely, shiny layer to the cards. A handy mixed media item to have in your stash!!!



I mixed a bit of water with the Art Crayons to add the splatters of colour on the background here, and I discovered that the Acrylic paints by Vicki Boutin, are lovely and thick with a squirt top, so I added some paint dots on my cards.




My cute little tag, uses the Golden Days paper and Puffy Stickers, and a few bits and bobs from the ephemera pack...how handy was it that there was a cute little bunny in there!!!



I hope you like my card & tag set and it motivates you to try and use some subtle mixed media on your cards. Enjoy the weekend!!!








1 comment: