Monday 17 April 2017

Cards with Melinda Sweetman

Hi there and welcome to the ScrappingClearly blog this Easter Monday! I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you and that you are enjoying a long weekend with your loved ones!

Today I have some cards that I created using the Kasier Craft Ooh La La collection.




I have used a couple of off cuts from a couple of my 12x12 papers as the card fronts - cut to size - but you could very easily change it up and use the 6 1/2' x 6 1/2" paper pad. And then grabbed the collectable pack, the 12x12 sticker sheet and the Kaiser mini blooms in honey and sage. I've also used some of the very pretty Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls on some of the butterfly centres for a little extra touch :)


In the bottom right corner I have used one of the left over triangles from this project. I have pulled a few pieces from the collectables pack and stuck 3 of the sage flowers along with 2 of the sentiment stickers from the 12x12 sticker sheet.


I started with some Whipped Spackle and a stencil from my stash for some added detail in the background then when that was dry I grabbed a few pieces from the collectables pack and voila, card #2 done!


For this one I started with one of the 12" border stickers from the sticker sheet and then added lots of pieces from the collectables pack. And a final touch, 3 of the honey mini paper blooms.


And finally, card #4, I started with the big floral piece from the sticker sheet which I trimmed in half and stuck down. A couple of butterflies, one is a sticker and the other is from the collectables pack. Some of the word sticker strips and the final touch of Liquid Pearls down the centre of the 2 butterflies. 

4 cards done and dusted in under and hour - I did record the process but apparently my phone had other ideas and didn't actually record anything!! Technology, hey?!

Anyways, cards are a quick, easy way to use up some left overs and especially some of those bigger paper offcuts that you may otherwise be unsure what you are going to do with. Always good to have a few in your stash!

I hope you are enjoying the long weekend and maybe even getting in some scrappy time!!


Melinda








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, I especially like the whipped spackle one!

    ReplyDelete