Friday 21 April 2017

Be Brave-Be the best version of yourself

Howdy Bloggers , Lisa Here with a Friday Mixed Media update .
Its been a crazy few weeks of family commitments and heart connections.
Today I'm sharing a layout that I started a couple of weeks ago but only finished up yesterday.
Sometimes just having completed a background prior can allow you so much more flow,
to bust in and get that baby done swiftly.
----------------------------
So my eldest child has just had some new professional shots taken,
(she's a professional wrestler-if you didn't know already)
and I really couldn't wait to get my hands on them and scrap them,
She's such a wonderful kid,she actually printed them for me -yay.
Knowing the colours she was in , and celebrating my love of her passion,
Dylusions Bubblegum Pink acrylic paint provided a perfect vibrant base for my vibrant girls photo.
I laid a Heidi Swapp word "wish" stencil onto the wet painted  Marshmallow cardstock page
 and used a baby wipe to rub back some paint,to reveal the words
 and then I smeared some Colourblast "Lipstick"Texture paste through the stencil. 
while it was wet I embossed the lettering with some
 Stampendeous Chunky Black Embossing Enamel powder.. Swoon at the effect .
Once the background is complete a little cosmetic fun takes place,
I didn't used any background stamps on this one as I usually would ,
 but I added an extra element by rough doodling and
 writing a few sentimental words with my Fude Balll pen,
 to add interest point and tell the story .
Layering of tissue paper, chippy, muslin, and whatever else I have laying on the table ,
 adds texture and colour behind the black matt photo
*note to self --wipe layout/photos free of dust before taking DT blog photos.
a couple Me and My big Idea chippy pieces, a gold flourish from Jollygirl, 
various lettering and this layout was finished .
Love the vibrancy of the page and the subject .
 Thanks for dropping by,
 Ill be back next week with another vibrant colourful mixed media update .
Lisa xxx

2 comments: