Thursday 9 March 2017

WK 4 and Back To School with Melinda

Hello lovely, scrappy friends, Melinda here with you today sharing a couple of Project Life spreads I have put together using the beautiful Teresa Collins Something Wonderful range which you can find here in store!

I have done 2 different layouts with this range and as you can see it is so versatile it can be used for everyday photos or can be boy or girl themed or even good for back to school photos in my case ;)

Just as a side note, for 2017 I have decided to be a little more "relaxed" about HOW our PL pages are done. Better done and in the album than still waiting to happen so some of my weeks will be just single pagers and others will be a standard double and some will even have multiple inserts but for this week I have 1 12x12 pocket page and I love how it all came together AND so easily!

Here is our week 4. 


All of the background squares are cut from the 6x6 paper pad and I have used a mix of the ephemera, alpha and label stickers, decorative stickerschipboard stickers and enamel dots as accents.

The middle row, right hand side is actually a flip pocket and here is the photo underneath and the journalling on the back of the flip.


And lastly, for this page, our title card. I tend to always start a PL spread with the title card, it gives me an idea of colours, textures and patterns I would like to include for the whole spread.


So, that is our week 4, done and dusted and in our album!! #woohoo

The next double page (which is actually a front and back of a page protector) spans 2 weeks as one of my boys went back to school week 5 and the other week 6 but to keep it simple I have just done back to back.


The front of said insert :) My big boy off to his first day of year 2!

And some close up's of the detail


Some ephemera pieces, a chipboard piece, a sticker and some enamel shapes.


Some more stickers and enamel dots


Almost every time, without fail, if I get these 2 in the frame together I get silly. I have come to accept this and embrace it for what it is. Sure enough, in years to come I will be lucky to get a look at their faces through the camera. But this photo overlay, also from the same collection, was just PERFECT!! Love deeply, Laugh out loud, Live passionately and that sums up these 2 in so few words.

And here is the back


And my baby, off to Kindy. There may have been tears. And not from him! I think his grin says it all but he was so excited! Again, all the papers are from the 6x6 paper pad except for the 3x4 card with "the story" on it which came from the 12x12 cut apart sheet.

And a few close ups


A piece of washi, some chipboard, some ephemera pieces (that heart was cut from a bigger card in the pack) and again, enamel dots.


I mimicked the design from the front, so some stickers and enamel dots.


And again, a sticker, a chipboard piece and a piece from the ephemera pack.

I didn't take a close up of it but the bottom photo on the right hand side has another overlay on it. A heart with "so happy" - all because he WANTED to hold his Mummy's hand all the way to school - what a sook I am!! Hahaha!!

So, as you can see, this collection is super versatile and so fun to work with!

I hope that you are inspired to capture some of your own memories, in whichever form works for you!

Happy scrapping, until next time!


Melinda




No comments:

Post a Comment