Monday 20 February 2017

Bottoms up by Amy Prior - February Mood Board Challenge example

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all again today, this time sharing my take on the February mood challenge which was designed by the amazing Peg Hewitt! Here is the current mood board and you can view the full details by clicking here


Here is my take on the mood board. I was inspired by the pretty flowers as well as the gorgeous colours and hearts!


I added lots of gold to this layout also because I just love this fabulous patterned paper from the My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Patterned Paper. The gold is so hard to photograph successfully sorry but in real life this is so breathtaking!


Among the gorgeous layers of My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Patterned Paper, I have also added various stickers from the My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Paper Goods Stickers and My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Story Stickers. I have inked the edges of all the papers, stickers and flowers to bring more black into the layers using Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Black and a Mini Ink Blending Tool.


I had so much fun playing with the Heidi Swapp - Wanderlust - Gold Alphas Foil sticker kit. It was so easy to use and I have added extra texture to the gold letters by squishing them down a little with my fingers. If you just want to keep the smooth gold finish, all you have to do is press the foil onto each letter. It is just so easy, I definitely recommend giving it a go! To help the letters pop off the background a little better i have doodled around the edges using a black archival pen.


Once all the layers were stuck down, I have splattered some Colour Blast - Shimmer Spray - Lipstick around the background however this step could be done first if you are afraid of splattering the photograph.

A few flowers from my stash finished this layout off perfectly.

Complete product list for this layout includes...
My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Patterned Paper
My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Paper Goods Stickers
My Minds Eye - My Story Collection - Story Stickers
Heidi Swapp - Wanderlust - Gold Alphas Foil sticker kit
Colour Blast - Shimmer Spray - Lipstick
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Black
Mini Ink Blending Tool

Well that is it from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

No comments:

Post a Comment