Sunday 8 January 2017

I was totally an 80's Baby

Yikes..!!! I'm totally still in holiday mode and almost forgot my first blog post for the year.. I'm still off on holidays for another week and all the days just seem to meld together and the jammies don't come off until at least lunch time.. 

If your like me you will be totally over Christmas ANYTHING and I had lots of fun playing with these new papers from Bella Blvd and they totally fit with this montsh mood board as well!



As soon as I opened my DT kit from Kylie and saw these papers with the cassette tape I knew an 80's layout was going to happen. I was an total 80's baby, and this red chunky tape player was my absolute pride and joy.. It took 8 AA batteries and I would flatten them at least once a week listening to story books on tape (ALF was my fav) and New Kid on the Block...

I started off with my Marshmallow Heavy Weight Cardstock and machine sewed a strip of the Bella Blvd - Bible Journaling down the middle. I scrapped some Liquitex Gesso around with an old credit card and left to dry. 

In a paint tray I made up some Colour Blast Shimmer dust in Sunflower and Colour Blast Shimmer dust in Lush and using a pipette just dumped it onto the page and blew it around with a straw. I'm really loving the crazy blow out effect with the straw at the moment. 

Next cam the layer of the cassette tapes from the Bella Blvd - Jesus is my Jam paper. Even though this range of paper is made for bible journaling, they really do rock and i love the fun and bright colours in the range. 


Thanks to the super Rad Lisa Oxley for showing us these awesome over sized foam letter stamps from Heidi Swapp!  I grabbed myself a set and they will be a well used addition to my arty stash. Here I've used the small set to stamp out my title and used a Dymo label maker to compliment it. 





Dont forget to add your layout or arty creation into the January Mood board folder in Scrapping Clearly Facebook page. Each month their is an awesome prize up for grabs and load of DT inspiration to get you going...


Cheers and happy New Years!!

Love - Skai












No comments:

Post a Comment