Friday 25 November 2016

Snapchat Fun with Melinda - November Mood Board Challenge

Hey there ScrappingClearly fans!! Melinda here with you today sharing a fun page I put together using a combination of supplies from the beautiful kits Kylie has sent me!

Before I go any further though, here is a refresher of this month's mood board - isn't it beautiful!! 


I took inspiration from the colours and that blue water coloury paint swatch bit - it reminded me of the ocean! And funnily enough, those beautiful peacock feathers reminded me of mermaid scales so I went straight for the photo I ended up choosing! And here is my take!


I have made a YouTube process video which you can see below on my channel and read on for a few close ups!


I had a lot of fun playing with some Colour Blast goodies in the background! I started with a stencil and some Colour Paste in Singin' The Blues, Bling and Deep Water and a stencil from my stash.

After that was all dry I added some water colour using a big brush and some Envy Colour Shimmer Spray straight from the bottle.


I have used some papers from the WRMK Crush 6x6 paper pad and also this paper from the Shimelle Starshine collection to back the photo. I haven't added a heap of things on top of the mixed media work, I really wanted to be able to see it but I have used some bits from the Shimelle Starshine ephemera pack, the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie stickers and also one of the pieces from the same ephemera pack.


I have used these beautiful gold glitter thickers from the Maggie Holmes Bloom collection for my title and quickly added a little journalling! 


My final touches were some staples and some little black glitter hearts and stars from this Heidi Swapp alpha sheet. And of course, a date stamp and a couple of sentiments!

I hope this inspires you to interpret the moodboard in whichever way takes your fancy! You still have a few days to share your own take over in our FB group so make sure you get your entries in for a chance at some great prizes!

Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time!



Melinda






1 comment: