Friday 21 October 2016

Telepathic Scrapping

 Howdy folks , Lisa here with a Friday mixed media blog update .
Today I am sharing with you a layout I completed last week , but started in July..
Do you have layouts like that ?
Ones that you start and then , get distracted and they resurface, whenever ..
I have a few of those. 
But the story to this one is... I was sitting down to start a Louise Nelson class at a retreat in Melbourne during the year. I had gesso'd my board and had painted some Dylusions bubblegum pink onto the page-much different to Louises' colours scheme and
 was waiting patiently for the class to start.............then my friend from school days walked into the room and well catch up time was limited so I baled out to chat with my friend .
 which meant , I missed the class. :(
So this week I attacked it again, with Louise as my telepathic muse. :)
 Being a Louise Class ,it was of course, 1-a minimalist style  *err yeah,not that easy for me .
And 2-all about the Wire Trim we were working with, which unfortunately Kylie doesn't have the Prima Trim available- but if you wanted it,I am positive she would  hunt it down for you.
I started with little script and floral stamping,
using Staz on black ink in the background to add a little flow.
At one end I stapled the Trim down onto the pink painted section ,using a long armed stapler,I
then weaved some muslin in through and over the wire to soften and semi hide the ends of the trim.
Black cardboard matt behind the photo to pop it and I adhered the photo with a little express-it glue
_all good because I have matt my photo, so no warpage.
I then twisted the wire trim around to create a frame around the focal part of the photo, and pulled and twisted the bottom of the trim to create 3D flourishes to represent to base of the bouquet the girls are holding, thus, supporting the flow of the theme throughout this piece .
A little cotton thread in white, yellow and green to pop the colours in the bouquet, then a few
a strip word from Tim Holtz -small talk stickers complete this layout. 
Im keeping this one simple, a la Lou 
Big Love to Louise Nelson for her pure inspiration .
Thanks for dropping by, See you again next week.
Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment