Saturday 15 October 2016

Sketch inspired layout by Tania

Hello lovely people, Hope you are enjoying a lazy Saturday morning, and maybe a sleep in if you were up late last night working on the challenges for our PINK, Girls Night In???? 
I'm here with you today, to share my take on this month's fabulous sketch, by our very own, Chloe!!! (Love her sketches!!!) Check it out:

I

I was actually inspired by the colours in this sketch initially, and then once I'd chosen my patterned papers, the rest fell into place. I'm using PINK PAISLEE, CEST LA VIE, range this month, there are some gorgeous patterns in these papers. I chose this pattern no. 11, as my background page, then added some Distress Inks to highlight the colours of the paper in the middle! I added some white circles with some Distress Stain and then did some stamping in Watering Can Archival Ink, which is a grey colour.




Before adding my photo and paper layers, I needed something to anchor the stack, the Heidi Swapp Washi stickers, (from the Memory Planner range), were perfect and I cut some of them in half lengthways to layer them up. The other papers I used for layering behind my photo were: 
To imitate the Circle swirls behind the photo in the sketch, I used a 2 Crafty Chipboard piece, from my stash, coated with Gesso and then Some white, acrylic Paint.

How about these gorgeous Acrylic Numbers from the Pink Paislee, Cest La Vie, Ephemera pack!


My title, TINY DANCER, are alphabet Thickers by Amy Tangerine, the little hashtag is from a pack of Heidi Swapp, alphabet stickers.
I love this cute little bow from Maggie Holmes, Crate Paper, Flea Market Bows!!!!

There's a sprinkling of some other little embellishments there, some gold star sequins that just seem to float around in my stash, I really don't know where they came from!!! Some cute little gold hearts from the Heidi Swapp, Memory Planner range... & some more washi stickers from Maggie Holmes.


For my journaling at the bottom of the page, I actually ruled some lines, I wanted it to look neat. I am a bit anal about neat journaling, and don't always use my handwriting on a page for that reason.

I hope you get time to play along with our challenges this month, keep your eye out for more Design Team inspiration and over on the Facebook community page too!!!
Seeya,






No comments:

Post a Comment