Sunday 9 October 2016

Crazy Fun with Amy Prior

Hi there Scrapping Clearly fans!! Amy Prior here with you today for my first ever blog post as an official Design Team member. I am so excited to be here sharing my passion with you all and cannot wait to be inspired by you all as well. 


Today I have a layout to share with you all that I have created using the fabulous September Sketch Challenge as my inspiration. You can checkout the sketch challenge details here


To create this layout, I have started by cutting out various sized circles out of some 12x12 White Marshmallow Heavy Weight Cardstock. I have cut these out using my Cricut Explore machine however you could also use. Once the circles were cut out, I have filled them in by using various patterned papers from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Collection including both 6x6 and 12x12 size papers. 


Once all my circles were filled with patterned paper, I then had fun layering some of the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Collection papers underneath my photograph along with some Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Ephemera bits, a doily, and a Heidi Swapp 4x4 Metallic Frame set on top. I found this circular chipboard in my stash that added the perfect bit of contrast after being covered with Black Ranger Archival Ink.


The final addition for this layout was adding some embellishments and a touch of mixed media. Firstly I have added some Cocoa Vanilla Hello Lovely Arrows. I just love these gorgeous little charms and definitely need some more for my stash! The gold circle stickers that I have added are from the My Minds Eye On Trend 2 Alphabet and Words Sticker Pack and I have also added lots of accents etc. using the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Puffy Stickers, Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Ephemera, and the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie Washi Sheets. Finally a little mixed media addition with some dribbles of Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Sunshine, Rose Petal, and Deep Water Colours.


As an after thought, I also added some black rhinestones from my stash to bring more black contrast to the background. This could have also been achieved by adding some black stamping etc. also. 


Well that is it from me today. I hope I have inspired you all to think outside the box with your products and have a go at this month's awesome Sketch Challenge. Don't forget to head on over to the Scrapping Clearly store by clicking here to purchase all these fabulous products and more.

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch Amy, as always. Hat little banner cluster is so cute!

    ReplyDelete