Thursday 6 October 2016

Circle Journal page by Tania

Hi again, I'm back today, filling in for one of our other DT members, and I want to share my latest Circle Journal page with you, inspired by this month's moodboard! I love this moodboard, the colours are totally me! Here it is:


For those of you who don't know, we here at Scrappingclearly are involved in a 12 month Circle Journal swap. We have each created our own Journals out of paper bags, created a cover and title page, and then we pop them in the mail and send on to the next person in our group. At the end of 12 months, we will have them returned to us, with 12 amazing entries from other crafty peeps! I cannot wait to get mine back at the end of the year!
So I am working in another member's journal this month. This is what they look like before you begin!


And then after the first few layers of Gesso, acrylic paint and some stencil work.....


I swiped my paint on using an old credit card, I really like the effects you can achieve!  The next layer was using more acrylic paint and bubble wrap as a stamp!


I then wanted to add a layer of stamping, which I did with a coffee stain stamp and some Archival ink in black!



On the next image you can see a little more of the texture leaf pattern which was achieved using one of my favourite, Dylusion's stencils, the Leafy flourish.


I mixed a little of the powder from a Lindy's Starburst Colour shot , into some texture paste to get a shade of green!
After all the colour mediums went on, I stamped some of the cute birds from the 
Dylusions, Put a bird on it, stamp set, onto a piece of Maggie Holmes, Open Book paper, PAGES. I coloured them in with markers and stuck them on the page. The strip of patterned paper is from the Shimelle Starshine scraps I had left over and the quote is also fussy cut from the Shimelle, ASTRO, paper!



You can see here, I added some detail to my stamped black circles, using a few different paint pens. I have the fine, Dylusions paint pens and a thick Posca paint pen. Just love them!!!



To finish it off, I added some journal lines with a marker, and journaled to the theme of this person's book, which is: PIECES OF ME! You will see, I couldn't help myself and added more black circles, this time using the lid from one of my paint dabbers, and some Archival ink!!! (Love getting the most out of all my stash!)
And here is the end result, all ready to pop in a bag and send it on to the next happy crafter!!!!


I hope you've enjoyed this post! If you would like any information on the swap groups we have going at Scrappingclearly, pop on over to the Community Facebook page, the link is above!!! 
Don't forget we have 2 more, new challenges this month, the moodboard above and the sketch!!! Hope you can give them a go!!!






2 comments: