Monday 8 August 2016

Sunday Market layout by Tania

Hi everyone, Happy Monday!!! I have my take on the August sketch for you today!!! Using the gorgeous 'OPEN BOOK' PAPERS, from Maggie Holmes and Crate Paper. Here's the August sketch as a little reminder!


Here's my layout:




I started with the 'SWEET STORY' paper as my background, fell in love with this piece instantly! To mimick the dotty background, I thought I would use some texture paste with a TCW stencil. To colour it green, I added some of the amazing Lindy's Starburt Colour Shots. (These are powders that can be added to any wet medium to give it colour.) You can also make up your own shimmer sprays with them, I love them, you can find them in the Scrappingclearly store here.


I then layered up my papers, and found a piece of Maggie Holmes Bloom, Blissful paper with the banner border to mimick the banner in the image. That was just what I needed. I added some colour to a few of the papers and word stickers with Distress ink to help them stand out. (The word stickers are from Heidi Swapp, Tim Holtz and the alphabet stickers are from Prima.)
I did some fussy cutting for this layout, from a piece of the beautiful, SHIMELLE, starshine collection. These are the hand-cut flowers, and I added a few of the Prima sugar blooms!


The cute little wood veneers are from Studion Calico, wow, there are so many in the packet!!!
For my journaling, I made a little tag from another piece of Maggie Homes Bloom paper, and added some twine for a bow.




I finished off the page by flicking some white paint from a Posca paint pen, these make the perfect paint dots on your page, love them!
I hope you find time to play along with our August sketch and or moodboard, you can upload your link here, or on our facebook page!!!
Cheers, Tania!!!

1 comment: