Thursday 30 June 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside

 Good morning scrappy/arty peeps, hope this day finds you well and happy.
The weather here in Armidale has been dreary, cold, and wet (my fave) so very conducive to getting messy indoors by the fire.

I've been playing with the divinely colourful Ranger Dylusions paints. I used an old loyalty card to scrape paint across some Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock, it's heavy weight and specially made for mixed media, awesome! Then, because I wanted the colours to pop more, I cut out my background and mounted it on black card. I borrowed a Prima texture brush (these are so fab) to swipe a little white paint over the colours to tone it down a tad and add some depth.

To create a diagonal visual line across my page I sponged black ink through a star stencil then added my pic and journalling on top. My 'love' subtitle was gold foil and didn't match so I coloured it using a Copic marker.

Washi tapes were used to create a sense of movement and for my big title I inked Pink Paislee Bella Rouge transparent letters (have I said how much I'm loving these? The pack just seems to go on forever!). I attached them using some really old tiny screw brads from my stash, Tim Holtz, I think.

The longest part of this creation was the drying time for the paint, the rest was super quick and easy.
Hope you're finding some creative time with this cold snap, if not then shopping for luscious supplies is a nice alternative. I spied some gorgeous new Dusty Attic chipboard today in the shop.

Til next time

8 comments:

  1. Oh Peg this is just stunning love all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love its colours and layers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. The colours really pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. The colours really pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Peg, this is my absolute favourite yet of yours!!! That background just rocks, big time, love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Peg, this is my absolute favourite yet of yours!!! That background just rocks, big time, love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Peg, Colour and serious story telling..Heart love for that x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWWWWW adore this Peg omgoodnesss love love

    ReplyDelete