Saturday 9 April 2016

"Party Day" with Melinda

Hi there! I'm here today sharing another PL style page using the oh so fun Simple Stories "Life In Color" range! These 2 pages follow on from my last post in our album and document my big guys 6th birthday party :)

Again, lots of photo's! I hope you enjoy!


I have used the back of the last page for the left page (so an E design) and an A design PP on the right.


Again, I started by picking out papers from the collection pack :) In fact, that top left paper is the back of the other side ;) That grid design with the tabs is from one of the papers that has 12" strips in different widths on one side so I chopped down the top half because I really like the detail in the top.




A few pieces layered together. For the banner there is a sticker, one of the washi dots from the washi pack an piece from the ephemera pack. Alphas from the 12x12 sheet and I went around the big black ones just to make them pop - they weren't having the desired effect ;) Oh and a couple of staples in the top left as well to finish off that little cluster.


I layered up a chipboard piece, some of the alphas from the 12x12 alpha sheet, one of the square stickers from the sticker pack and also a clear sticker. Oh, and a couple of staples, just because I could ;)


This is the little cluster I put together on the bottom of the journalling card. Again with the chipboard, the washi sticker and also the balloons are from the 12x12 sticker sheet. I finished this little cluster off with another clear sticker and a couple more staples.

And onto the right hand side


I love, love, love the 3x4 cards in the cut apart sheets in this collection pack! My faves are the ones that are divided diagonally with the black and white in one corner and the colour in the other! LOVE!

And here are some close ups


I've been wanting to use this sticker on everything I have made so far with this kit and FINALLY it is stuck! I did add some pop dots to the back and (of course!) some staples. 


The title card for the double page spread and as soon as I saw this card when I opened up my kit I KNEW I had to use it as part of this page!


And one last close up of this little cluster! More chipboard, clear stickers (those arrows are actually silver!!) and another of those cute square stickers.

So, tha's my double page spread! Again, I have thoroughly enjoyed using all the bits in this collection! I have something a little different for my next post so make sure you stay tuned to the blog not only for that but also for the stunning work of the other girls!

Happy scrapping!



3 comments:

  1. Melinda - what a fab PL layout so bright !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your PL pages Melinda, love all the photos and that you have loads of journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this awesome post of your PL great detail love it.

    ReplyDelete