Monday 29 February 2016

{introducing Peg Hewitt}


Welcome to the team 

Peg Hewitt




Hi, I’m Peg,

For 15 years I’ve been a die-hard scrapbooker (who now occasionally toys with art journalling and canvas). Grunge and mess are common aspects to my work and I nearly always use some type of wet medium in my creations.  My style varies depending on my mood, the time I have at my disposal, and what is sitting on my table at any given moment. My process is organic, I don’t pre-plan, so I don’t know in advance what my finished project will look like. My primary motivation for creating anything is to tell a story, it comes from the relationships and experiences in my life, warts and all. Scrapbooking, to me, is cathartic. It keeps me sane and happy.

I have been regularly published in the Aussie mags for a number of years, being both a Creative Team member (2014) and a ‘Master’ (2015) for Australian Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. I was a member of the Tattered Angels Design Team for 2011, and spent 3 ½ years designing for Gauche Alchemy among numerous other team positions and online & print magazines. I have a full resume on my blog.

On the more personal side, I am happily married to a marvellous and supportive man and together we have 4 children (3 boys and a girl) aged from 20 - 12. We live in a country town in regional NSW on a 2 acre block with chickens, a cat, and a gorgeous garden/yard. I am a work at home mum and do the paperwork for our business as well as helping out at school with crafts, and volunteering on the Committee of the local community art gallery.





6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to the team Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Such inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo fab artsy gorgeous lady welcome to our Team !!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team, Peg! your creations are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete