Friday 5 February 2016

Heads Up

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a little Friday Mixed Media Fun.
Art Journals,Have you got one ? or like me, four.
I am almost ready to start a new one.
One can get obsessed with them once the mojo gets flowing.
Today I am going to share with you a few pieces I have created in my art journal.
Personally,I am very inspired by Dina Wakley,and her colourful freestyle art.
At the end of last year, I was lucky enough to attend 2 classes with her again,
 and I always come always inspired and busting with creative ideas and flow.
These 2 pieces below are inspired by her, and created using her amazing paints (wow)

 I did challenge myself to complete 100 faces last year ,
 which I'm sure I did in some form or other.either full pieces or sketches.
For this piece below, I've used a mixture of different paints,
 like Dylusions and a little Cermacoat for the facial colours.
Details and texture was added with a few stencils , some serviettes and I finished her off with a little prismacolour pencils and posca paint pens.
I hope you get to play in your art journal today, or on the weekend,
see you next friday ,
 and thanks to the lovely people,
 who took the time to comment on my work last week.
 You are wonderful,
 I appreciate your lovely feedback.

9 comments:

  1. OMG just love love love these you are one awesome talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. These are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. These are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOHHHH chickie as always love love love your work xxxx adore thesexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how much your work pops off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Lisa. I love Dina's bright and bold style and Love love love yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of art journals, but I've never tried one. they often feature drawings of people/faces - something I am definitely not any good at! I love the bird page you did though! How did you keep the bird so white? is it drawn separately and fussy cut and stuck on? I really love this page. makes me want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Letty, yes it is "stamped " on a separate page and then attached ,keeping the individual colour vibrant and adding extra pop to the page.
      Art Journals are absolutley not all about paces and people.its just the focus for mine, but lately I have been working using more simple shapes and elements , check out my instagram account ScrapwitchLisa for a little art journal inspiration and dont forget to follow those #hashtags to be even more inspired .
      These days You Tube can supply you with super easy tutorials to teach you to draw faces at your own pace. I too thought i was unable to draw anything, but with a little confidence and practice, my creative journey have deveopled beautifully due to taking classes and the gift that is LIFEBOOK.

      Delete