Thursday 4 February 2016

A LITTLE DERWENT YUMMINESS

Good morning everyone, Marelle back!

I am getting a little nostalgic, so please humour me - when I think of the brand Derwent - my heart still flutters.  Now when I was at school there were only a few students who were lucky enough to have Derwent pencils.  They would sit the big packs on their desks and most of the other students would drool over them.  This memory has stayed with me - and would you believe I was 40 before I purchased my own set of Derwents..

The Derwent brand has gone on to product some amazing drawing tools - and a few years ago I was introduced to Derwent Inktense pencils (they are amazing) by a dear scrapping friend at an interstate retreat.  I have been using these beauties dry, wet  - the colours are amazing .



When Kylie sent me a tin of Derwent Inktense colour blocks  I was very excited to try them!


Well I am in love - fabulous fabulous Derwent product!
They can be used wet, dry, with texture paste and can be as intense or light as you desire!  They are so versatile.

Here I have some examples of how flexible these blocks are!

Don't restrict yourself to using them just on layouts - use them on Off the Page projects, cards, Art Journals, canvasses - I love them did I already tell you that ???????





This is a page from my Art Journal,  I decided to use the Inktense blocks dry to see how they blended on the page.

I love that you can create an intense colour or if you want the colour more subtle (like the blue) you can also achieve that!

Next up to show you is another Art Journal page, this time using water and layering colours - I used a water brush lots of water and Dina Wakley stamps.


First I sprayed the page with water, then I rubbed the Intense blocks in a few different colours over the top.




I blended the colours with the aqua brush and started stamping.



OK, I blended the blocks to make a darker and lighter shade inside the heart.


Next I coloured her collar and then began on her hair!  There was a small black mark from the ink pad on the centre of her forehead so I made it into a heart!! 




I doodled with my favourite Black Pilot Permaball pen!  I hope to see some of your Art Journal pages - it is so much fun!

Until next time, get Creative and have fun!

xxMarellexx

2 comments: